Friday, January 25, 2008

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, a Rose Painting

This is a painting that I decided to enter in a contest for Women's Resource Center. The theme of the contest is "Celebration of Love". There will be a party and sale on February 14th. My thought for the painting is friendship and love for yesterday, today and tomorrow. This is symbolized by the size and stage of the rose. The bud for tomorrow, the full size rose for today and the smaller rose for yesterday. I have enjoyed painting this and recorded the process on my other blog picturepat.blogspot.com. Please visit to see a slide show of the various stages and an explanation of each phase in the painting.
I also have started another painting of petunias and show the various stages and thoughts for how I develop a painting.

No comments: