Sunday, May 18, 2008

New Method and Medium

One of my fellow artists from the pastel group invited me to a plein air class conducted by Julie Hansen from Sarasota. She teaches in the Cape Cod School of color method. This was a completely new experience for me. I had studied the book by Lois Griffel many years ago and wanted to attend her school but it fell along the wayside with other good intentions.

So this was one of those opportunities I could not say no too. I am so glad that I went. Julie is dynamic and explained the method to me very clearly. Although there is so much more to learn, one lesson is just the tip of the iceberg.

Well here is the result it is in oil and done with a palette knife only, so is much different than the work that I have been doing lately. I really enjoyed the day.

No comments: