Friday, March 28, 2008

Cathy's Coneflowers, Barker Reservoir Nederland, Co

This painting has just come back from the framers and I am so pleased with the results. I have an excellent framer here in Venice, Fl, The Collectors Gallery,

One of my special loves are cone flowers and last fall I saw this marvelous garden by the side of a dirt road in Nederland, Co down by Barker Reservoir. I took many pictures and got to know the owner as she will be one of my new neighbors when my summer studio is built. (More on that later)

This is another in a series of the textured paintings that I have been experimenting with over the last 10 months or so. The centers of the flowers are made to look like the texture of the cone flowers. I really enjoy this process and will be doing more. This painting is 18X24 so it is very effective. The Georgia O'Keeffe influence still prevails for me.

1 comment:

judithashford said...

Stunning, Stunning! All flowers which are painted should be this magnificent! Please keep painting all of God's wonderous flowers.....